Here are some questions to ask yourself about your relationship. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to speak to a family member, a trusted friend, and we are here if you need someone to talk to. Call us at (208) 267-1491 or email us at Leilani@blessedbeginning.org
- Do you feel that something is wrong with your relationship, but you don’t know how to describe it?
- Do you spend more time touching instead of talking?
- Will he or she do anything to win an argument, such as put you down, threaten or intimidate you?
- Does your date get angry and jealous if you talk to someone else? Have they ever accused you of cheating?
- Do you feel like you have to account for your time?
- Do they make fun of you in front of friends, or put you down in private?
- Does your date blame you for everything that goes wrong?
- Do you feel nervous around your date?
- Have they ever tried to make you prove that you love them?
- Do they flirt with your best friend?
- Have they ever encouraged you to lie to your family about anything?
- Do you have to be careful to control your behavior to avoid his/her anger?
- Are you afraid of disagreeing with your date?
- Does your date prevent you from going out and doing the things you want to do?
- Does your date make excuses for behavior, for example, by saying it’s because of alcohol or drugs or because they can’t control their temper or that they were “just joking.”
A good relationship is when you feel cherished and respected. If the person you are dating is exhibiting any of the behaviors listed above they need to grow up some. They lack respect for you and others. Think about putting some distance between you and them, to rethink what is best for both of you.
Find a trusted adult and talk about what is going on. Someone is going to get hurt and it’s probably going to be you! Anyone been trying to tell you that this person isn’t right for you?
You can back off and chill out. Learn from this relationship and try again. And just think, while you are involved with this unhealthy person, THE RIGHT ONE might come along and think that you aren’t available.
Stay out of the sex trap.
Would you like to find out how to find and keep a healthy relationship?
We have a wonderful DVD series — check it out here–> Love Lessons