The majority of abortions take place during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
A suction abortion is the most common abortion during the first trimester. In later stages, as the baby grows, the procedure becomes more difficult. Cost ranges from $600 to over $5,000 per procedure, depending upon the stage of development of the baby and the type of anesthetic that is used.
What about the “morning after pill” (Plan B)?
Basically, this is a high-dosage birth control pill which can be taken up to 72-hours after intercourse. It prevents and stops pregnancy in one of 3 ways:
- Prevents an egg from being released,
- Normal menstrual cycle will be altered,
- If an egg has been fertilized, beginning a pregnancy, the baby will not be able to implant itself in the uterine wall.
Health risks with abortion:
Common side affects after an abortion are: abdominal pain, cramping, nausea, and diarrhea
While not as common, the following side effects have occurred:
1. Heavy bleeding or hemorrhaging
2. Infection- especially if anything has been left behind.
3. Allergic reactions to drugs or anesthesia
4. Tearing of the Cervix, or poking through of the uterine wall
5. Scarring of the Uterine lining- which can cause infertility
6. Damage to other internal organs- primarily the bladder or the bowels
7. Effects on future pregnancy- scarring and incompetent cervix (can’t hold baby in)
8. Emotional Impact- Watch particularly for the following signs:
– Guilt, Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Suicidal Thoughts, Actual suicide attempts, Anniversary Grief, Flashbacks of Abortion, Sexual Dysfunction, Relationship Problems, Eating Disorders, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Psychological Reactions
If you have had an abortion and are experiencing any of the signs listed above, or for more information, please call us at 208-267-1491 and/or e-mail us at email@example.com We can help!
WE DO NOT PERFORM ABORTIONS AND WE DO NOT GIVE REFERRALS FOR ABORTIONS